We are affiliated with and Dr. Krishna is on the staff of the following local area hospitals:
- Winchester Hospital
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital
- Melrose Wakefield Hospital
- Cambridge Health Alliance Hospitals
- Mount Auburn Hospital
We are an “in-network” provider for most major insurance companies. We accept various insurances, including the following:
General Office Policies
Listed below are some general office policies. A copy of relevant policies will be available during your office visit.
- All children under 18yrs of age must be accompanied by an adult parent/guardian.
- Food is not allowed in the office unless explicitly permitted by the doctor.
- We are not responsible for loss or theft of your personal items/belongings brought into the office.
Allergy Shots Policies
- Allergy injections are administered only in the above location (if panel for shots is open) during scheduled hours by appointments only.
- Allergy injections will not be administered during the evening, night hours, or office emergencies.
- All children under 18yrs of age must be accompanied by an adult parent/legal guardian.
- We are not responsible for loss or theft of your personal items/belongings brought into the office. Due to fire code policy and limited space availability, please do not bring along large strollers, friends, siblings, or extended family members.
- Food is allowed only in special circumstances, per the doctor, due to many patients with food allergies.
- The patient must wait in the office 30 – 60 minutes after receiving an allergy injection. Please inform us immediately if having any unusual symptoms. Leaving before the observation time is considered “leaving against medical advice” and will release Asthma & Allergy Specialists, PC of any responsibility for adverse symptoms or reactions that may result.
- We will make reasonable effort to accommodate your schedule. Our unscheduled office closures such as snow emergencies or physician absences will be posted on our Twitter account (@AllergyDocMA) which can be Googled as well. We will not be responsible for lost time, wages, or circumstances beyond our control.
- Please be aware that multiple patients are scheduled within each hour in our office and you must be prepared to wait. Similar to many allergy offices across the country, occasionally you can expect to wait at least half an hour, before shots will be provided, depending on availability of the staff. You also have the option of receiving the injections at your pediatrician’s /PCP’s office, if provided.
- The patient is responsible for keeping an allergy injection appointment between 9:30 am-4:00 pm and scheduling follow-up appointments with Dr. Krishna, every 6 – 12 months. The patient must be seen by the doctor every six months to one year.
- If you have an acute illness, active infection, flu, respiratory infection, sore throat, recent immunization or flu shot, and asthma attack within the past week you should reschedule your shots.
- Please inform the office about changes in medical history, if you are not at your baseline level of normal health or if you are experiencing any adverse symptoms or starting new medications.
- An EpiPen can be provided for treatment of severe allergic reactions. The patient is responsible to request and has it available for use in case of a severe allergic reaction.
- During allergy injection administration you can request a visit with the physician at any time regarding their medical condition, depending on availability. Your insurance company will be billed for the appropriate office visit, during these occasions. Please refrain from having impromptu conversations about your medical condition with the medical staff or the doctor without an office visit as this will not constitute or substitute for formal medical advice.
- We will not mail allergy serums, extracts, or any other medication. We will be happy to provide you the serum, accompanying paperwork including dosages, etc., as necessary, if requested, two weeks prior to anticipated transfer from our office. We do not take responsibility for the serums vials once it leaves our office.
- You are responsible for any copay, obtaining a referral for shots, etc. Please update our office immediately if your insurance/payment information changes.